The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the supervising the day-to-day accounting functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll for the company, including maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Supervises, directs and reviews the work of the accounts receivable specialist, the accounts payable specialist and the payroll specialist, including day-to-day activities, and reviewing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for those areas.
• Provides accounting oversight for the Company’s foreign office locations (currently Taiwan).
• Calculates and tracks commissions for account managers and outside sales representatives, including preparing accrual journal entries, reconciling commission accrual accounts, preparing commission statements, and preparing paperwork to authorize payments.
• Recommends and implements improvements to accounting practices and procedures.
• Assist with tax document requests.
• Assist with external auditors in quarterly and annual audit activities.
• Coordinate other special audits as required or requested.
• Assist in maintaining internal controls and SOP’s.
• Support special projects across the organization.
• Hold all company financial and accounting information in strict confidence and does not communicate information outside the accounting function without the consent of department management.
• Prior experience managing the accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and clear and articulate written and verbal communication skills.
• Multi-tasking self- starter with the ability to assimilate and learn very efficiently and to focus successfully on multiple priorities. High sense of urgency.
• Application of a common-sense approach and ease in identifying issues and suggesting practical solutions. Good analytical skills and abilities. Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Ability and desire to identify and lead process improvement and other projects.
• Solid team player able to work and collaborate with accounting staff across the organization.
• Highly developed detail and organization skills; honed follow-up and time management skills.
• High technical proficiency; intermediate experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Experience with ERP Systems and consolidationing financial statements is required. Experience with QAD and Adaptive Insights is highly beneficial. Experience with ADP software is beneficial.
• A high level of trustworthiness and the ability to achieve integrity on all levels.
• Professional image and the ability to appropriately represent the company both externally and internally.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years related experience in same or similar industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance is required.
• CPA very highly beneficial.
Refer to position description contents.
Ability to analyze, compare and contrast information in an efficient and effective manner is important. Ability to process data and information in an organized manner is essential.
Travel is very minimally required.
To apply, please send you resume to email@example.com