The Electronics Buyer / Planner is responsible for the performance of all required supply chain functions for assigned products in support of the overall goals, objectives, mission, and vision of the organization.
- Apply best practice procurement strategies, and create and implement new strategies that enhance competitive advantage for the company and its customers.
- Using output from ERP system, generate Purchase Orders to support product demands, target inventory levels, Engineering requests, and others.
- Purchase materials, components and other related items; manage associated logistics costs and activities as needed. Manage supplier base to ensure appropriate product availability to meet current and future demands.
- Drive competitive pricing, and develop & implement cost savings and inventory management plans.
- Develop and implement effective negotiating strategies.
- Identify new sources of supply and generate bid packages as needed.
- Foster long term supplier relationships.
- Follow up with supplier deliveries and expediting or pushing out deliveries as required based on changing demand patterns.
- Collaborate with Operations on production schedule related to material and component availability dates.
- Manage and maintain sharp focus on inventory levels and the implications thereof, as well as reducing excess inventory.
- Proactively identify the risks present in the supply chain; provide solutions as required.
- Analyze and manage the logistics of duty, tariffs, taxation, and association with domestic and international transport including draw back through customs.
- Negotiate, manage and drive economical costs of freight and shipping with carriers & forwarders.
- Evaluate, modify, maintain and control the Returned Good Authorization (RGA) process.