Commercial Lighting Supervisor
The Commercial Lighting Supervisor will perform a variety of commercial lighting audits, installations, repairs, upgrades, retrofits, cost estimating, and maintenance operations for commercial clients at their on-site locations. Must be familiar with and adhere to local electrical codes for all areas of operations. Individual will be experienced in obtaining permits. Position requires extensive travel nationally. Individual will supervise a team of commercial lighting technicians – strong project management and supervisory experience required. Individual must be a Journeyman/Certified Electrician and/or the military equivalent.
The primary responsibility of this position is to keep the Energy Focus lighting projects and all related processes running smoothly. The project teams will often require supervision, coordination of activities, resources and equipment; auditing and cost estimating projects, lighting installation, technical support, and in-field communications.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain lighting or wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Replace failed ballasts, drivers, or transformers; damaged sockets/tombstones; and or other components within the confines of lighting fixtures.
- Inspect lighting systems and continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Train workers to install, maintain, or repair lighting wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Repair or replace lighting equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, personnel lifts, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all audit data, expense reports, and energy savings reports generated by EFOI or outside vendors: Journeyman, Installation Technicians, Lighting Specialists, and/or Lighting Inventory Specialists. Resolves any discrepancies or problems in a timely manner.
- Provides product advice and support to participants; serves as an In-Field Energy Focus Project Support liaison; acts as a resource person by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and preparing reports.
- Serves as liaison for Project Manager; coordinates activities, project scheduling and exchanges information.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Journeyman/Certified electrician and/or the military equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience supervising 5 or more electrical technicians; strong managerial, performance management, time-management and communication skills.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills required for interfacing with clients at their locations
- Valid driver’s license a must as BMV check will be completed
- Must be able to travel extensively as position dictates; may include out of state, weekends, and nights as designated by the job assignment.
- Ability to use equipment including power lifts and tools such as wire strippers, power meter, etc.
- Physical strength, stamina, dexterity and color vision required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with computers/tablets and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must pass background and pass drug-screening checks
- High school diploma/ GED or technical degree preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills combined with strong problem solving skills
- Must have skills including adaptability, versatility with administrative and facilitation skills to keep the project focused on its objectives.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Adept at the review and completion of preparing detailed information on projects.
- Ability to conceptualize and organize project planning process.
- Must work well under minimal supervision
Energy Focus provides an excellent compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please send you resume to email@example.com