Commercial Lighting Technician
The Commercial Lighting Technician will perform interior and exterior commercial lighting audits, installations, repairs, upgrades, retrofits, cost estimating, and maintenance operations for commercial clients at their on-site locations. Position requires extensive travel nationally. Individual must have 2+ years’ experience in lighting audit and installation and/or cable installation.
- Audit, install, test, and maintain lighting or wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Replace failed ballasts, drivers, or transformers; damaged sockets/tombstones; and or other components within the confines of lighting fixtures.
- Inspect lighting systems and continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test lighting systems/lighting levels using testing devises to ensure compatibility and customer expectations
- Repair or replace lighting equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, personnel lifts, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as moving and lifting heavy objects
- Serves as liaison for Project Manager; coordinates activities, project scheduling and exchanges information.
- 2+ years’ experience with lighting and/or cable installation
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills required for interfacing with clients at their locations
- Valid driver’s license a must as BMV check will be completed
- Must be able to travel extensively as position dictates; may include out of state, weekends, and nights as designated by the job assignment.
- Ability to use equipment including power lifts and tools such as wire strippers, power meter, etc.
- Physical strength, stamina, dexterity and color vision required.
- Excellent at multi-tasking, working under pressure and contributing effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass background and pass drug-screening checks
- High school diploma/ GED or technical degree preferred
Energy Focus provides an excellent compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com