Commercial Lighting Technician
The Commercial Lighting Technician will perform interior and exterior commercial lighting audits, installations, repairs, upgrades, retrofits, cost estimating, and maintenance operations for commercial clients at their on-site locations. Position requires extensive travel nationally. Individual must have 2+ years of experience in lighting audit and installation and/or cable installation.
• Audit, install, test, and maintain lighting or wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
• Replace failed ballasts, drivers, or transformers; damaged sockets/tombstones; and or other components within the confines of lighting fixtures
• Inspect lighting systems to see if continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
• Test lighting systems/lighting levels using testing devises to ensure compatibility and customer expectations
• Repair or replace lighting equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, personnel lifts, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
• Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements
• Performs physically demanding tasks such as moving and lifting heavy objects
• Serves as liaison for Project Manager; coordinates activities, project scheduling and exchanges information
• 2+ years of experience with lighting and/or cable installation
• Must have demonstrated presentation and communication skills required for interfacing with clients at their locations
• Valid driver’s license required
• Extensive travel as position dictates; may include out of state, weekends, and nights as designated by the job assignment.
• Ability to use equipment including power lifts and tools such as wire strippers, power meter, etc.
• Physical strength, stamina, dexterity and color vision required.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure and contribute effectively in a team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• High school diploma/ GED required
• Technical degree strongly preferred
• Business proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred