Document Control Specialist – Solon, OH
The Document Control Specialist collects, maintains, and distributes all necessary documents to define product development process and control manufacturing processes that ensure conformance to customer requirements. Uses and maintains a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be retained in the document control vault; manages the operation of the document control tools to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
- Maintain a computer database of all filed documentation that ensures fast retrieval of documents
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary
- Assists engineers with drafting needs
- Based on competency could be called on to perform light design work
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineer to document work instructions and installation documents
- Work with purchasing on establishing quality requirements with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong leadership, management, coaching, and organization skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others to perform at their best.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, competing priorities, and tight deadlines concurrently while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to make difficult decisions while maintaining decorum in work in a very fast paced environment.
- Highly adaptable, flexible, resourceful.
- Intermediate to advanced level technical ability. Particular expertise in PDM and Solidworks, Microsoft Windows and Office Suite including Power Point, and Internet.
- Ability to successfully work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Strong organization, follow-up and time management skills along with the ability to effectively multi-task.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma is required, Associate’s degree is preferred
3 years of experience in related field
1 year of Product Data Management (PDM) experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Some technical proficiency; Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Excellent interpersonal skills and clear and articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to identify and lead process improvement and other projects
- Ability to function under minimal supervision
- Ability to appropriately represent the company both externally and internally
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
2+ years related experience in same or similar industry
High school diploma is required, Associates degree preferred
Refer to position description contents.
Ability to analyze, compare and contrast information in an efficient and effective manner is important.
Ability to process data and information in an organized manner is essential.
Up to 90% travel is required primarily in Northeast Ohio; occasional out of state travel may be required.
To apply, please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org