The Operations Manager leads, directs, produces, and delivers Energy Focus’ products in accordance with safety and quality standards while fostering an efficient high quality environment. The successful candidate will align closely with Customer Service, Quality, Sales, Finance, Engineering, and others in support of gross profit generation for Energy Focus’ Solon, Ohio operations. Energy Focus Inc. is a publicly traded, non-union LED lamp and fixture manufacturer.
Lead and oversee the operations staff including but not limited to assembly and warehouse personnel. Lead, train and grow the Operational Supervisors to ensure production schedules are planned and executed to meet the demands for on-time delivery. Maintain discipline among the employees and motivate them to improve their output and efficiencies.
Lead the consolidation and reporting of the company’s operations’ results to appropriate parties as related to the COGS and Manufacturing overheads.
Ensure that planned performance and efficiency metrics are met or exceeded by collaborating with managers and supervisors to monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budgets, and proactively identify, report, and resolve all variances and other issues.
Work cross-functionally across the organization to contribute to the development and training of Energy Focus Inc.’s business strategies in support of ongoing improvement of the company’s financial performance and culture. Design, implement, foster, and maintain continuous improvement programs in support of best practices and efficient and effective operations processes.
Ascertain ongoing shift coverage to ensure continuous flow and maximum throughput. Engage in overall production troubleshooting while limiting overtime where possible.
Assist in the documentation of Operations’ procedures, processes, standards, and any other activity requiring documentation and formality under ISO 9001 and Sarbanes Oxley.
Lead related activities and responsibilities associated with ISO certification in a timely and effective manner.
Address employee relations issues on varying levels; engage with Human Resources on any issue that extends beyond minor daily activity. These activities may include policy violations, conflicts of interest, and personality and behavioral issues among others. Also, the successful candidate will be required to balance labor requirements considering vacations, leaves of absence, rework, and others.
Drive and ensure that all safety and health guidelines are followed. Identify and address potential safety issues in an expedient manner. Evangelize the company’s perspective and culture regarding overall workplace safety. Collaborate in the advancement of safety procedures, programs, and incentives.
Attend all training sessions deemed necessary by leadership team and participate providing feedback and work process updates. Conduct, attend and participate in all meetings appropriate to success of the organization and department.
Coordinate and lead the company’s annual physical inventory audit and all other inventory related processes.
- Strong leadership, management, coaching, and organization skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others to perform at their best.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, competing priorities, and tight deadlines concurrently while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions while working in a very fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level technical ability. Particular expertise in ERP/MRP systems, Microsoft Windows and Office Suite including Power Point, and Internet.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to successfully work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Strong organization, follow-up, and time management skills.
- A high level of trustworthiness and the ability to achieve integrity on all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred with emphasis in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Business, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- 8+ years’ experience in the assembly industry. Experience in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering very beneficial.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a management/supervisory role.
- Must have an understanding of P&L statements.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with an emphasis on interpersonal contact in all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced math aptitude is required.
- Interviewing, selecting, and training skills also essential.
- Strong operational skills, ISO standards and LEAN principles.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an Energy Focus employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to both sit and speak for extended periods of time. Additional requirements include the ability to walk or navigate about, bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, see, hear, and listen in order to fully perform the functions of this position.
Domestic and International travel is intermittently required.
The in-office work environment characteristics described herein are generally representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When in the office, the work environment is moderately quiet. Work is performed in an office environment or outside the office with existing or potential customers, employees or others. Within the office, floors are both carpeted and tiled. Temperature is moderated by heat in the winter and air conditioning or air circulation methods in the summer.
Energy Focus, Inc. is an EEO and AA employer. We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Energy Focus, Inc. complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Energy Focus, Inc. in the U.S.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com