LED technology is replacing traditional lighting and in doing so represents a global paradigm shift. Innovation is the true difference-maker in this sector of sustainable technologies and we are inviting you to be a part of the Energy Focus team. Our Engineering group is designing and producing some of the most daring products on the market by pushing the boundaries of LED lighting technology. We are looking to add to that expertise here in our in Solon, Ohio headquarters.
In this role, your brilliance is rewarded by creating products that continually reinvent our LED lighting solutions offerings. The goal is to push the boundaries of these solutions and translate that into the most ground-breaking, technologically green, reliable and cost-efficient products on today’s market.
We offer aggressive base compensation, grant annual equity, and pay all costs for benefits (even at Family-level coverage). This is atop a fantastic 401(k) Savings Plan and an entrepreneurial culture that affords you the opportunity to put your fingerprints all over our formal transformation and otherwise infuse your DNA here for years to come.
Do you think you have the extraordinary talent we crave and demand? If so, apply now, and be part of a team that increasingly inspires and enlightens customers from every sector of global business.
This Product Engineer is responsible for design and development activities associated with new and existing Product development, concepts and specifications.
- Participate in product discovery, development, documentation, and concept validation
- Source and partner with external vendors
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Manufacturing partners to identify opportunities
- Address Industrial Design (ID) concerns as a project lead; including documentation, CAD files and project work
- Create prototypes and test
- Perform analysis of product from internal and external manufacturing facilities; ensure product adheres to original concept
- BA/BS in Design (e.g. product or industrial), or related discipline and 5+ years of product design with associated portfolio (minimum 12 years of product design experience with associated portfolio in lieu of Undergraduate Degree)
- Demonstrated experience working with 3D printers, shop tools, materials
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in design, design methodologies, and usability
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping methods and design tools (hardware and software)