The primary focus of the Staff Accountant is to assist with month-end closing activities including processing recurring journal entries, accrual and other account adjustments, account reconciliations and month-end reporting; and maintenance and control of the company’s fixed asset records. Additional areas of responsibility include assisting with quarterly audit requests, assisting with tax documentation requests, and reviewing and adhering to existing controls and processes, as well as other accounting duties.
- Perform general ledger maintenance.
- Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files in support of transaction documentation.
- Record and maintain a fixed asset system.
- Provide accounting support for subsidiary companies and remote offices.
- Perform GL account analysis.
- Prepare and/or review various government reports and surveys.
- Other accounting duties assigned by supervisor.
- Good interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Ability and desire to identify and lead process improvement projects.
- Solid team player able to work across organization lines to achieve results.
- Solid general business acumen.
- Good analytical ability with a propensity to think in solution space.
- Strong computer skills with a focus on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT); experience with financial software is beneficial; experience with QAD and Adaptive Insights is highly beneficial.
- A high level of trustworthiness and the ability to achieve integrity on all levels.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in accounting.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
Refer to position description contents.
Ability to analyze, compare and contrast information in an efficient and effective manner is important. Ability to process data and information in an organized manner is essential.
Travel may be very minimally required.
To apply, please send you resume to email@example.com